If you haven’t noticed, Kimberly is out on vacation this week, so I’ve been trying to hold down the fort without her! I’ve broken down this week into two categories for you. It’s short and sweet – Art & Fun!
- Highlights from “Sargent: Portraits of Artists and Friends” at the Met
- This is currently on view at the Met through October 4. It’s a really lovely exhibit and has cemented my love for Sargent.
- Paul Durand-Ruel was the art dealer who put the Impressionists on the map. So interesting and informative! We’re planning on taking a short trip to Philadelphia to see this exhibit.
- I really loved Nicola’s post on Klimt’s The Lady in Gold and the movie Woman in Gold. I really love thinking about how movies, art, and books are connected.
- The Obsessively Detailed Map of American Literature’s Most Epic Road Trips – Kerouac, Cheryl Strayed, Fitzgerald!
- When you give a Tree an Email Address… dare I say this is better than when you give a mouse a cookie?
- I love the new Kendrick Lamar music video!
- Michael Jackson’s Neverland Ranch is currently for sale for $100 million. The pictures are so fun to look through!
This week, we posted:
- Vocabulary we learned from Catch-22 so far
- Kimberly texted me to point out that she already knew the words I just learned. She’s such a smartypants! I’ll try to find harder and more challenging words for the next post!
- About Devendra Banhart reading at the Strand which comes with its own playlist!
- Part Two of If Catch-22 Characters were Famous Paintings
This weekend, I’ll be going to brunch with the Bloody Mary Club, an outdoor concert, and stopping by the Guggenheim. What are your plans?