- For the first time in over 300 years, a new fountain has sprung up in the legendary gardens of Versailles.
- My hero of the week: Sam Kass, former White House chef, fed food destined for the landfill to world leaders at the UN
“In the United States we throw away around 40% of what we produce; and globally, 28% of the land under cultivation grows food that ends up in landfills.”
- I will be joining Kimberly in LA next week! On our list, we will be walking by this really neat looking house in Venice, LA.
- I just started tackling my first Faulkner novel, which has had me manically looking up things like 7 of the Most Memorable Long Sentences in Lit.
- Tin House has a lovely “Art of the Sentence” feature that I just discovered – some of my favorites so far.
- Everybody’s Invited to My All-Male, All-White Literary Panel!
- The highlight of my week, however, was waking up to see that Dorianne Laux had tweeted a link to my blog! How neat is that?
This week, we posted:
- Book Review: Modern Romance, Aziz Ansari
- Book Review: Room, Emma Donoghue
- A Pairing: Edward Hopper + Dorianne Laux
- Books I Read in September
What did you discover this week? I hope those of you on the East Coast stay warm and dry this weekend!